Some helpful software info...

I have had many questions about what software I use to merge appliques and fonts and I wanted to let everyone know that I use Sew What Pro.

You can find info about Sew What Pro at http://www.sandscomputing.com/

They have a trial version that last 30 days that is FREE! And if you like it you can purchase the software for only $65 bucks! It is very user friendly and a very resonable price! Please let me know if you have any other questions! Thanks!



Tuesday, May 29, 2012

stitching on ribbon!!

My first attempt at sewing on ribbon was a success!! I found a tutorial on Rosemary's Applique Cafe blog but I didn't have any sticky stabilizer that she used so I just rigged up my own thing. A couple of straight pins held the ribbon in place just fine!
I actually made this ribbon to sew on a whistle for Max's soccer coach. Just a funny little end of the season gift for him. (Basically we are poking fun at all the other coaches because most of them were very serious, had team names, and whistles) so....Grant came up with a team name towards the end of the season as you see above. So we thought he just had to have a whistle from his little team!!
I should have centered the ribbon to be cute out the same length at the end....but I will know for next time!! The font I used here is Scooter font from Jolson's Designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment