Some helpful software info...

I have had many questions about what software I use to merge appliques and fonts and I wanted to let everyone know that I use Sew What Pro.

You can find info about Sew What Pro at http://www.sandscomputing.com/

They have a trial version that last 30 days that is FREE! And if you like it you can purchase the software for only $65 bucks! It is very user friendly and a very resonable price! Please let me know if you have any other questions! Thanks!



Thursday, January 5, 2012

a snow ONEderland birthday outfit!

A little something I put together for a dear friends daughter's first birthday! She brought me the little tutu and told me her color scheme. And she even showed me a few things she was interested in having...however....I couldn't find any of the same designs so I made my own!

I honestly LOVE how it turned out even it was a bit of work. I played around with it for some time. The 1 applique is actually from the Trendy Dot Applique Font from Embroidery Boutique. I deleted the circle that surrounded it first. Then I merged in 2 embroidery snowflakes that my friend Candice sent me (a HUGE thanks to her because I didn't have one). The dots are from the Vintage Chloe font from Embroidery Boutique...they are called embellishments for the font. I actually merged two of the same size and then the third one I increased the size 20 percent.

And lastly I merged in her name using the Giggles and Grins font from Applique Frenzy. I played around with her name and different fonts a lot. I would have liked a more curly one but her name is so long that I didn't have many options with my largest size being a 5x7 on my machine. So basically..it took a little time on the front end because I am just so darn picky and a little bit of a perfectionist but it turned out super cute and I had one HAPPY friend!! Yay!



No comments:

Post a Comment