Some helpful software info...

I have had many questions about what software I use to merge appliques and fonts and I wanted to let everyone know that I use Sew What Pro.

You can find info about Sew What Pro at http://www.sandscomputing.com/

They have a trial version that last 30 days that is FREE! And if you like it you can purchase the software for only $65 bucks! It is very user friendly and a very resonable price! Please let me know if you have any other questions! Thanks!



Tuesday, July 13, 2010

a cute little dress

Made this cute little dress for Emery right after I found out it was a girl! All I did today was monogram the front and put the buttons on! Can't wait to be able to sew some things for her once I get off bedrest!
I have made this dress pattern before just didn't know how to make the ruffle! Thanks to my dear friend Candice she taught me how easy (and a little time consuming) making ruffles are!
At least ruffles are SUPER CUTE so they make up for the time consuming part :) This was my first attempt so don't look to close....hopefully I will get the hang of it next time...
I even taught myself how to make covered buttons! Now that is definitely something that is super easy! I love how the covered buttons look!

I love how this dress is open in the back so you can see the matching monogrammed bloomers I embroidered!! Little Miss Emery is going to look precious in this outfit!

This is a 0-3 month pattern so hopefully Miss Emery will be able to wear it before it gets cooler out!!!


2 comments:

  1. totally agree on the time consuming part!! I decided to go ahead and spend the $30 or so dollars on the "ruffler" foot for my sewing machine when I found out I was having a girl! But of course, I have yet to use it, and have no idea how to do so!! ha! Hopefully it'll make all those ruffle outfits I'm planning a little quicker!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've heard once you buy a ruffler you never go back. It makes ruffles quick and easy!!!! Ok...now it's your turn to teach me-covered buttons!!! I HAVE to know how to do that! Cute cute...

    ReplyDelete