Some helpful software info...

I have had many questions about what software I use to merge appliques and fonts and I wanted to let everyone know that I use Sew What Pro.

You can find info about Sew What Pro at http://www.sandscomputing.com/

They have a trial version that last 30 days that is FREE! And if you like it you can purchase the software for only $65 bucks! It is very user friendly and a very resonable price! Please let me know if you have any other questions! Thanks!



Monday, November 1, 2010

halloween costumes!

I had a lot of FUN making the kids Halloween costumes this year! Little Miss Emery was a cheerleader (to cheer her brother on of course!) and Max was a basketball player (since he is slightly obsessed with basketball!)
I made her tutu from a tutorial I found on YouTube and then altered it to make it the size and length I needed for a baby. It was super easy and very quick to make! I know I will be making more in the near future!! It was also very CHEAP to make!!
This cute megaphone design is from Applique Cafe! I love the raggy pom-poms! I added the Go Tigers using my merging software Sew What Pro!

Here is Max's Bball outfit! I got the sweatsuit at Target for $14 bucks! It had a car design on the front that I covered up with the basketball! I think the whole outfit turned out so cute and the great thing is he can keep wearing it!

The basketball design is from Planet Applique. Again I used my merging software to add the 2 and Max to the basketball.

If you notice Max's treat basket I took a basketball and cut the top off of it! I then put tiny holes in the side and put some ribbon through it and wala he had a basketball treat basket! I think we had more compliments on the basketball then anything else! I got the basketball at Walmart for $4 bucks!

Our precious little models! It isn't very easy getting a picture of a 2 year old and a 2 month old! Ha! These are the best I can do!

Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

  1. Jenny-

    The costumes are so cute. Do you use Sew What Pro to put the names on your shirts too? I just downloaded the trial version and am trying to figure it out. LOVE your blog and all your cute shirts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I use Sew What Pro to merge my names with designs too! Thanks for your compliments! You are so sweet!

    I love Sew What Pro! Let me know if you have any questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! I have lots of questions but hate to bother you with them. You are so sweet to offer help. Any advice on the best way to do an applique with a name using SWP would be great and how do you hoop.... What stabilizer works best, do you use a ball point needle. I haven't had great luck yet. Ugh, Its frustrating being new at this. :) feel free to email me so we don't have to keep 'talking' through comments. hgb_1126@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete